Be sure to do your homework to ensure they will treat your guests with professionalism, put your event before the “magic”and have the experience required to make your event memorable and fun! Letting a magician loose at your party is about personality you can count on.
Tips to ensuring you hire the right magician or entertainer for your party:
• Be sure they specialize in what you are looking for. You do not want a children’s magician accepting a job much better suited sleight of hand artist or visa versa. Hire the appropriate person for the job or everyone looses out.
• Beware of entertainers that jump on any event without any care or concern about your specific needs or event details. You know right away you have an amateur or unprofessional magician on the phone if they are whiling to take your money but are not interested in learning more about your event.
• Be sure they are a true professional with a business license, insurance and appropriate accreditation.
• Check out their website and credentials to ensure they have the experience they are claiming to have. Do they have testimonials, promotional materials, interviews, awards or press to view?
• Do they have established, public prices and types of shows on their site or do they make it up depending on your feedback? Beware of services lacking an established, industry price structure or competitive public price. (Of course, prices may vary depending on what you require.)
• Have your guests or friends heard of this entertainer and can they vouch for the character or quality of service? Is this entertainer an authority in their field? You certainly get what you pay for when it comes to entertainment.
Magician Rich Ferguson takes care of all of these concerns…
Living in San Luis Obispo and being a full time entertainer and magician has it’s “tricks”. However, I’m blessed to live on the central coast and have such wonderful people in my life.
As always, please consider bringing me in for your next exclusive private party or corporate event! Hiring “The Ice Breaker” to interact with your special guests makes your event unique, fun and memorable!